Partial Hospitalization Program
Eating Recovery Center’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) offers the intensity and structure of residential eating disorders treatment while providing opportunities to practice recovery outside of the controlled treatment environment during evenings at home or in peer-supported apartment communities.
Where most partial hospitalization programs for the treatment of eating disorders are comprised of 6-8 hours of programming offered 5-7 days per week, Eating Recovery Center’s PHP provides 11.5 hours of treatment 7 days per week. By offering a full day of programming every day of the week, patients are supported through all meals and snacks and have ample structure and containment to achieve symptom interruption and/or weight restoration. Combined with daytime medical support, the strategic intensity of Eating Recovery Center’s PHP can provide a non-residential treatment resource for individuals requiring a higher level of care.
Eating Recovery Center’s Partial Hospitalization Program emphasizes the development of lifelong recovery skills in a safe, structured and supportive environment. PHP’s well-rounded curriculum offers staff-supported opportunities to practice for interactions and challenges outside of treatment through interactive group sessions, including:
Resources for Adults in the Partial Hospitalization Program
Eating Recovery Center provides comprehensive housing, transportation and support services to out-of-area patients, as well as adult patients that prefer to reside in recovery-focused lodging near the treatment center. Due to the availability of these services, patients from across the country can admit directly into the Partial Hospitalization Program to begin—or continue—their recovery journey. In fact, nearly 80% of patients in the Partial Hospitalization Program for Adults come to Eating Recovery Center from outside Colorado.
- Apartment Residence Communities provide adult patients a peer-supported lodging option near the treatment center. Regular group meetings discuss the dynamics of the community living environment.
- Supervised Apartment Residence Communities provide adult patients with a peer-supported living environment with nighttime support an supervision from an Overnight Apartment Coordinator. Supervision can be ideal for patients that need additional containment following daily programming, patients that tend to engage in eating disordered behaviors during the night and/or young adult patients accustomed to parental supervision while living at home.
- Transportation to and from Apartment Residence Communities before and after 11.5 hours of daily therapeutic programming.
- Transportation to and from off-site personal appointments, including physician specialist appointments and therapeutic group outings.
- Assistance coordinating additional transportation needs, including ordering cabs, care service and /or airport transportation.
Other Support Services
- Pharmacy delivery for patient medications.
- Daytime medical support from psychiatrists, internists and nurses specializing in eating disorders treatment.
- Daytime support personnel, including Therapists, Milieu Coordinators, Registered Nurses and Registered Dietitians.
- All meals and snacks provided during daily programming, freshly prepared on site by experienced chefs.
- Weekly outing allowing out-of-area patients to purchase additional toiletries and other personal items.