Eating Recovery Center Foundation
The Eating Recovery Center Foundation (ERCF) was established in 2012 as a 501(c)(3) organization with a three-fold purpose: (1) to provide professionals in the eating disorders field with education and development programs that increase their knowledge and clinical treatment skills; (2) to support research initiatives that deepen understanding of eating disorders and how they can be best treated; and (3) to create a scholarship fund for patients in treatment at Eating Recovery Center who are in need of financial assistance to complete a course of treatment.
It is essential that clinicians working with a high-risk eating disordered population be aware of recent research to plan appropriate and effective courses of intervention. To this end, Eating Recovery Center has developed several programs designed to educate eating disorders professionals on new developments in the field and provide training in best practices:
- Eating Recovery Center Foundation Eating Disorders Conference: Now in its sixth year, this two-day event on August 15th and 16th will explore the trends, research and emerging best practices shaping the field and offers an invaluable opportunity to learn from and connect with the leaders that develop standards of excellence and drive innovation in the treatment of eating disorders. Click here to view the agenda, continuing education information and to register.
- On Demand Professional Development Series: This professional educational opportunity offers bi-monthly video presentations delivered by Eating Recovery Center’s clinical leadership in an On Demand format to accommodate the schedules of professionals in the field. Topics in the series include innovative treatment modalities, emerging research and practical implications of clinical findings for the eating disorders treatment practitioner. Complimentary educational videos from leading eating disorders experts are available for download through Eating Recovery Center’s professional eNewsletter. To sign up for the eNewsletter, please email info@EatingRecoveryCenter.com.
- Professional Regional Seminars: Offered throughout the United States, these seminars for professionals offer participants the opportunity to:
- Gain knowledge about the etiology of eating disorders and strategies for developing effective treatment plans for different treatment settings and modalities
- Explore interventions geared toward treatment resistant clients, including adolescents, later-onset eating disordered individuals and medically compromised patients
- Practice developing treatment plans for different levels of care and clinical presentations
Visit websites for Eating Recovery Center (http://www.eatingrecoverycenter.com/), Eating Recovery Center of California (http://www.eatingrecoverycenterca.com/) and The Moore Center (http://www.moorecenterclinic.com/) for additional information and upcoming Professional Seminar schedules.
Eating Recovery Center is committed to advancing research in the field of eating disorders. We are particularly interested in furthering our knowledge of treatment effectiveness and factors that affect long term recovery.
To learn more about the research efforts of Eating Recovery Center’s experts, click here.
Eating Recovery Center’s fundraising efforts with individuals and corporate donors will support expanded accessibility to care for patients and families of Eating Recovery Center who require financial assistance to complete a recommended course of treatment.
Donations can be made to the Eating Recovery Center Foundation by contacting Scott Fisher, Eating Recovery Center ‘s Chief Human Resources Officer, at 720-258-4033 or sfisher@EatingRecoveryCenter.com. Donors may contribute to the Foundation’s General Fund, or specify (and allocate, if desired) that monies go to one or more of three specific Funds: Professional Development, Research and Extension of Care Grants.