Mental Health at the Intersection of Culture & Technology Conference
Jun 20, 2019 | Los Angeles, CA
Casey Tallent, PhD, National Collegiate & Virtual IOP Outreach Director and Karen Schneller, MFT, CEDS, Clinical Director of Telebehavioral Health will be at the event highlighting Eating Recovery Center's Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program services.
The 2019 UC Mental Health Best Practices Conference - Mental Health at the Intersection of Culture & Technology, will bring together 300+ campus mental health professionals to share best practices, experience advanced training on emerging trends in student mental health, explore new technologies, and engage in self-care and wellness activities.
The 2-day conference will include:
- Two dynamic keynote addresses and a closing plenary on the future of college mental health
- Training in cultural competencies for work with diverse students
- Best practices in integrating technology into clinical practices
- Hands on experience with new tech innovations that work as compliments to treatment
- Special training on emerging issues with graduate and professional students
- Critical dialogues on pressing social issues as they impact students entry into treatment
- Space for staff to process vicarious trauma, network, and engage in self-care activities