“Layers of Complexity: Eating Disorder Patients with Trauma Histories" 1 CE Credit Hour event
Sep 18, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm | San Antonio, TX
“Layers of Complexity: Eating Disorder Patients with Trauma Histories”
By Landry Weatherston-Yarborough, LPC, CEDS, NCC
About the Presentation:
Traumatic experiences can play a key role in the development of eating disorders for many people. The provider working with patients who have eating disorders must be aware of and sensitive to the additional complexity that this brings to each case. This presentation will discuss the contribution of traumatic experiences to the development of eating disorders, as well as best practices in working with this vulnerable population.
Following this presentation, participants will be able to…
Available Continuing Education Credit:
- Explain the relationship between trauma and eating disorders.
- Identify evidence-based approaches in treating patients who have comorbid diagnoses.
- Apply the core tenants of trauma-informed care to patients with eating disorders.
Landry Weatherston-Yarborough, LPC, CEDS, NCC – Clinical Director
- Eating Recovery Center is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6815 to offer 1 credit hour. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Eating Recovery Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Eating Recovery Center is approved by the Commission on Dietetic Registration to offer 1 CPEU for this program. (Provider # ER839)
- Eating Recovery Center is approved by the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners to provide continuing education activities for social workers, Provider # N/A, Provider Expiration Date N/A. Eating Recovery Center is approved based on RULE §781.511(c) as a nationally accredited mental health facility. https://www.dshs.texas.gov/socialwork/
Landry Weatherston-Yarborough, LPC, CEDS, NCC is the Clinical Director at Eating Recovery Center, San Antonio. She received her Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Texas Christian University and her Master of Education in Counselor Education from Texas Tech University. After initially working with survivors of domestic violence, Landry joined Eating Recovery Center in 2012 and was made Clinical Director in 2017. She is a founding member and current President of the San Antonio chapter of the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (iaedp). In addition to direct patient care, Landry provides trainings on eating disorders and related issues to professional and community groups. She completed foundational training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) in 2014 and became a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist (CEDS) through iaedp in 2019. Landry is passionate about evidenced-based treatment and helping patients and their families build lasting recoveries.