Orange Cinnamon French Toast Recipe
Try out this recipe for a festive holiday brunch! Shared by Pam Cleland, MS, LPC, Alumni Coordinator, Eating Recovery Center
Ingredients (6 servings):
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- Remove the zest from one orange, and set aside. Cut orange, and squeeze about 2 Tbsp in a large bowl. Add sugar, cinnamon, milk, eggs, salt and vanilla extract to bowl and whisk until well combined. Pour into a shallow dish or pie pan.
- Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray, and place over medium heat.
- Dip bread, one slice at a time, into egg mixture (turning to coat both sides). Fry in pan until golden brown, then flip to cook other side.
- Serve 1-2 slices topped with maple syrup.