2021: The Year in Review
2021: Growing. Enhancing. Expanding. Helping more patients access quality care.
At Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center, our goal is to provide the very best treatment to bring healing and hope for long-lasting recovery. Known for our ability to treat even the most complex cases, we’ve become a sought-after resource for clinicians, patients and families. As a leading national behavioral healthcare system, we are dedicated to the treatment of eating disorders, and mood, anxiety and trauma-related disorders, at all levels of care.
While 2021 showed some relief from the challenges of 2020, the number of people seeking quality behavioral healthcare increased nationwide. In response to that need, we’ve continuously expanded access to care and helped more patients progress in recovery than ever before.
Watch this brief, inspirational video to learn more about some of 2021's noteworthy accomplishments:
Enhanced Programs for Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Centers Nationwide
Across our programming, we offer a Transdiagnostic Care Approach to better individualize patient care. Transdiagnostic care is a delivery modality and system that leverages evidence-based treatment modalities: treating complex, comorbid mental illnesses with an individualized treatment plan approach. We use evidence-based psychotherapy approaches that are curated and individualized for each patient.
Expanded Access to Treatment
In 2021, our continued growth allowed us to increase access to care nationwide, reaching thousands of patients across the country with new and expanded programs.
We answered the growing needs for behavioral healthcare in 5 states and 7 cities by opening new locations and bringing 2 additional higher levels of care to several locations.
- Expanded PHP in Seattle, Washington (Adult and C&A)
- Expanded PHP in The Woodlands, Texas (Added Adult, also offer C&A)
- New RES in Seattle, Washington (Adult and C&A)
- Expanded C&A RES capacity in Denver, Colorado
- New PHP Adult in Baltimore, Maryland
- New PHP in Fort Worth, Texas (Opened Dec. 2020)
- Expanded capacity at all locations in Plano, Texas
- Opened a new PHP location in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Expanded PHP capacity in Baltimore, Maryland
- Expanded RES capacity in Denver, Colorado
- Opened PHP for Binge Eating Disorder in Houston, Texas
Reached More Patients Virtually
We removed treatment barriers by expanding our telebehavioral health programming, also known as Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program (Virtual IOP).
We also continued to facilitate virtual support groups with 780 sessions in 2021, creating a network of support for thousands of people with eating disorders and mood and anxiety disorders.
Educated Thousands Nationwide
We facilitated 130 continuing education events throughout 2021 that reached more than 15,000 professionals nationwide. These included our annual Eating Recovery Conference and the first ever Pathlight Conference on Mental Health, collectively hosting over 1,000 attendees. Both conferences featured two days of virtual and on-demand learning, with industry leaders and speakers from across the country.
Body Positive Campaign Grows in 2021
The 2020 Love Your Tree body acceptance campaign welcomed even more participants in 2021, all of whom continued to encourage adults and children to embrace and celebrate the natural diversity of healthy bodies throughout the world.
- 2021 - 532 attendees attended workshops nationwide at the virtual and in-person events we hosted, and events hosted by our community partners: 79 more than in 2020
- 2021 - Added 5 community partnerships for a total of 17; this now includes local and regional Girl Scout troops and the establishment of a LYT Girl Scout badge
- 2021 - The LYT campaign expanded to be more inclusive of whole mind and body mental wellness, began to include all mediums of art and continued to focus on changing the media’s narrow messaging on body image and beauty
We look forward to 2022 as we continue to work with you as a trusted clinical partner, while delivering on our commitment to provide the very best care for your patients and their families.
Together, we can provide patients with the knowledge and tools they need to move forward, grow and progress – and discover the lives they’ve always imagined.