ERC’s 6th Annual National Alumni Retreat
Eating Recovery Center hosted its 6th Annual National Alumni Retreat on July 8th and 9th at Hudson Gardens in Littleton, Colorado. More than 70 participants and 50 staff members attended this year’s retreat.
The two-day event was designed to be an inspirational experience supporting alumni wherever they may be in recovery. The schedule included group break-out sessions focusing on recovery skills, values awareness, alumni recovery stories, movement therapy, and creative expression activities.
Eating Recovery Center Recovery Advocates, Jenni Schaefer, Jennifer Lombardi and Robyn Cruze attended the retreat and shared their personal stories of recovery. Jenni Schaefer performed songs from her album, “phoenix, Tennessee.”
There was also a book signing by published authors, Robyn Cruze and Jenni Schaefer. Each retreat attendee had their choice of one complimentary book.
For many alumni, the retreat means reconnecting with other alumni and staff and reaffirming and rejuvenating their commitment to recovery. For others, the retreat offers a safe, supportive environment to honestly re-examine their recovery progress and ask for the help they need to sustain a life of recovery.
What did alumni/support persons say about this year’s retreat?
- “The retreat offered a sense of closure and connection and re-sparked my want for recovery.”
- “Connection for support people – a release.”
- “A good reminder of what matters and why I need to keep fighting.”
- “It is refreshing to come to a place where there is honesty, vulnerability, support and understanding.”
- “It reminded me of all the reasons I choose recovery.”
- “Reconnection with people who “get it” and a booster shot for moving forward.”
- “I have a different understanding of what bravery is and a renewed passion to be brave.”
- “I’m really struggling now and this was a really nice thing to experience.”
Thank you to all of the alumni who attended this year’s retreat. It wouldn’t be possible without you.
For more information on upcoming alumni events near you, email firstname.lastname@example.org.