Eating Recovery Center, Chicago Residential Program Expanding in Spring 2016
Equally important to improved screening and identification of eating disorders is ensuring
effective treatment—at the right level of care—is available to patients, families and providers when they need it.
In an effort to meet the emerging treatment needs of patients and families in the Midwest,
Eating Recovery Center, Chicago will open a new residential program in downtown Chicago in May 2016. In addition to Eating Recovery Center, Insight’s 16-bed mixed unit (treating eating, mood and anxiety disorders), this new 24-bed program will separate the patient populations to provide optimal eating disorder care, and expand Chicago-area residential treatment capacity to 40 beds.
Program features include:
- Dedicated solely to the treatment of eating disorders, including anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and other specified feeding and eating disorders (OSFED)
- Developmentally appropriate treatment for adolescents (13-17) and adults (18 and older)
- Medical supervision, including 24/7 nursing support
- Emphasis on medical and psychiatric stabilization and interruption of maladaptive behaviors
- Expert oversight from eating disorder experts Steven Prinz, MD, Medical Director and Nancy Tyler, MD, Adult and Adolescent Psychiatrist
Patients can step down within the internal treatment continuum to Eating Recovery Center, Chicago’s Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient programs (located conveniently across the Chicagoland area), or return to the communities to participate in ongoing outpatient care.