At Eating Recovery Center, treatment for avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) begins with a comprehensive assessment to determine the type and other core issues, including medical stabilization, psychiatric stabilization, nutritional rehabilitation and weight restoration (when appropriate). The treatment approach is based on several factors, including:
- ARFID type
- Place in ARFID continuum
- Developmental history and stage of development
- Internal and external motivators
- Goals and values
- Family dynamics.
A key component of ARFID treatment at ERC is education of patients and parents alike about the diagnosis, ARFID types, interventions, treatment expectations and treatment goals. ERC brings expertise in all specialty areas, specifically:
- Ability to individualize treatment and still adhere to core principles of treatment
- Confidence and success in working with families
- Multidisciplinary treatment team alignment
- Seamless treatment team communication
- Collaboration with referring providers.
Specialized treatment for ARFID gives you the best chance for recovery
Dealing with ARFID is scary, especially if it’s your child that’s suffering. Fortunately, there is hope for recovery and a life free of this eating disorder. However, getting the right care is essential.
Please call us at 877-825-8584 so we can discuss the symptoms you are observing, help with a diagnosis and discuss your treatment options.