Learning how to stop overeating requires a specialized treatment approach. ERC offers an eating disorder treatment program for higher weight individuals.
Our patients in this program are overweight or obese and may also struggle with bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder, compulsive overeating, night eating, emotional eating and/or stress eating.
This program offers intensive multidisciplinary treatment for adults and adolescents, including medical, psychiatric, behavioral and nutritional care. Treatment takes place in a compassionate recovery community that understands what you are going through, that looks like you and that supports people of size.
How to stop overeating
Our treatment program is not an obesity treatment program or a weight management program. Unlike traditional weight loss programs, we recognize that both behavioral and biological factors contribute to high weight, and that many overweight or obese individuals have a co-occurring eating disorder. The program offers a comprehensive treatment solution to normalize eating patterns, stabilize medical comorbidities, control weight and improve quality of life issues.
Our program offers three levels of care to meet our patients’ unique recovery needs:
- Partial Hospitalization
- Intensive Outpatient.
The appropriate level of care will be recommended following a thorough pre-admission assessment with an eating disorder therapist. Patients can then progress through the levels of care as necessary, or discharge back to their home communities following program completion.
Our treatment program helps patients:
- Interrupt or eliminate eating disordered behaviors
- Better manage stress and uncomfortable feelings
- Address co-morbid mood, anxiety, and substance use disorders that frequently co-occur with eating disorders
- Address weight-related medical issues
- Address body image disturbance
- Boost movement and activity levels
- Improve quality and quantity of sleep
- Decrease co-morbid compulsive behaviors (i.e., process addictions)
- Learn cutting-edge skills to address eating disordered behaviors, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, and Exposure & Response Prevention
- Stabilize weight*
Get the right treatment
We are proud to offer an innovative overeating recovery program to meet the treatment needs of higher weight and obese patients struggling with compulsive overeating. To learn more about how we can help you learn how to stop overeating, please call us at 877-825-8584.
*Patients will typically lose 5 to 15 percent of their body weight in this program. While weight loss is not specific a goal of treatment, it is a likely outcome of eliminating compulsive behaviors and stabilizing medical comorbidities.
Learn more about the
Binge Eating Treatment & Recovery Program