Eating Disorders 101 for School Professional, Community Members and Caregivers
Beth Ayn Stansfield, M.Ed.
This presentation includes a look at the contributing factors and maintenance factors of eating disorders, an overview of the commonly referenced eating disorders and access to online screening tools to help with early detection and treatment. With lived experience, anecdotes and an abundance of resources, attendees are guaranteed a unique, practical experience. Q & A portion follows the talk.
About the Presentation
This presentation is designed to provide an overview of eating disorders, to examine their impact on individuals and to highlight resources available to both families and school professionals.
- 10:00 - 10:50 a.m. EST - Presentation
- 10:50 - 11:00 a.m. EST - Q&A
At the conclusion of this presentation, participants will be able to…
- Identify the most referenced eating disorders.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of eating disorders.
- Explain the causative and maintenance factors of eating disorders.
- Identify online screening tools.
- Describe what is involved in the treatment of eating disorders.
- Access resources and supports.
Available Continuing Education Credit
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR credentialed practitioners will receive 1 continuing professional education unit (CPEU) for completion of this activity.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6815 Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Eating Recovery Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Eating Recovery Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood Anxiety Center has received Approved CEC Provider Status by NASW Colorado for Unlimited educational programs
All Eating Recovery Center, LLC sponsored educational activities are presented in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Wendy Foulds Mathes at Wendy.Mathes@ERCPathlight.com
Cost and Refund/Cancellation Policy
There is no fee to participate in this activity. Please contact Beth Ayn Stansfield for any questions or cancellations at Elisabeth.Stansfield@ERCPathlight.com.
Conflict of Interest
There is no conflict of interest in the presentation
There is no commercial support for this activity