This presentation will address ethics in mental health care as we navigate changes in the care environment after the COVID-19 pandemic. Specific topics include an overview of the ethics of virtual care delivery, ethical decision making when referring to a higher level of care (HLOC), and collaboration among HLOC virtual providers and the outpatient treatment team.
The target audience for this continuing education program is mental health providers and clinicians working with individuals with mental health diagnoses. Materials are appropriate for learners with an introductory level of understanding about mental health concerns.
Following this presentation, participants will be able to -
- Describe existing ethical guidelines for the delivery of telebehavioral healthcare services.
- Identify patient characteristics that make them a suitable candidate for virtual care.
- Explain considerations for collaboration among HLOC telebehavioral healthcare providers and outpatient providers.
Available Continuing Education Credit
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR credentialed practitioners will receive 1.5 continuing professional education units (CPEU) for completion of this activity.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6815 Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Eating Recovery Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Eating Recovery Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood Anxiety Center has received Approved CEC Provider Status by NASW Colorado for Unlimited educational programs
All Eating Recovery Center, LLC sponsored educational activities are presented in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Wendy Foulds Mathes at Wendy.Mathes@ERCPathlight.com