Collaboration, Comprehensive Treatment and a Seamless Transition Back to Your Care
As a professional referring a patient to Eating Recovery Center you can expect that your input and involvement will be continuously solicited throughout the admission and treatment process, that your patient will receive comprehensive treatment of their eating disorder and any co-morbid medical or psychological conditions from highly experienced experts, and that your patient’s treatment experience will emphasize learning and practicing the skills necessary to achieve sustainable recoveries.
We also recognize that transitioning your patient to our higher level care is a decision that you will not make lightly and that you want to feel confident about the care they receive and our therapeutic process. If you have any questions about your patient’s treatment experience, please contact us right away. Our goal is to be your partner in the care and recovery of your patient.
- Thorough pre-admission assessment, which seeks to benefit from the wisdom of previous treatment providers and create a holistic understanding of patient’s history and needs.
- Weekly conferences with full clinical team and patient, with the option for referring or outpatient professionals to participate.
- Aftercare Plan indicating return to existing outpatient treatment team or recommended providers if patient does not have existing team, and full treatment summary to educate outpatient team.
- Confidential opportunities to provide feedback about the admissions, clinical and discharge phases of treatment.
Comprehensive assessment and intervention
- Assessments for medical, mood and other co-morbid conditions; ensures placement at the appropriate level of care and assignment to a treatment team that will meet patients’ diverse needs.
- Close medical management and supervision.
- Full-time psychiatrists and internist onsite, 24/7 nursing care and observation at higher levels of care
- Therapeutic interventions emphasize behavioral change, including evidence-based Trauma-Informed Care, ACT, DBT, CBT and FBT, as well as experiential therapies like art, psychodrama and movement.
- Partnership with Denver Health’s A.C.U.T.E. (Acute Comprehensive Urgent Treatment for Eating Disorders) Center for medically compromised patients needing stabilization prior to admission to Eating Recovery Center.
- Specialized treatment tracks address co-morbid medical and mood disorders, including anxiety, bipolar disorder, depression, substance abuse, diabetes, gastrointestinal illness and other organ disease. Treatment plans also recognize patient populations like athletes and those requesting a religious component to the treatment experience.
A focus on transition and aftercare planning
- Vertically integrated levels of care allow patients to admit to the program that meets their unique needs; patients are able to test recovery skills in structured, supportive environments prior to stepping down to a level of care with less supervision.
- Ongoing discharge planning throughout course of treatment to develop individualized Aftercare Plan; patients complete a Wellness Plan or Relapse Prevention Plan to outline how they will sustain recovery post-discharge.
- Special attention to transitioning patients to community providers and resources to support ongoing outpatient treatment.
- Alumni programming to support patients’ recovery progress following discharge from treatment including follow up communications, events and webinars.
We are committed to providing your patient world-class specialized care while they are with us and then to provide a seamless transition back to your care as you continue to provide ongoing recovery treatment and support.