Eating Recovery Center Oregon - Virtual Programs
Eating Recovery Center Oregon - Virtual Programs
Eating Recovery Center offers a comprehensive Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program (Virtual IOP) for patients living in Oregon. This program is an ideal choice for anyone who needs additional outpatient support, a more flexible and convenient treatment option, is reluctant to receive treatment in-person or is ready to step down from Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) treatment.
Our Virtual IOP offers the same trusted level of care available at our in-person centers of excellence. With low therapist-to-patient ratios, our virtual programs provide clinically rigorous and evidence-based practices to deliver virtual treatment designed to facilitate recovery from the comfort of home.
Our licensed multidisciplinary team members use a proven, evidence-based curriculum to treat eating disorders in children, teens and adults—and have had extensive training in telebehavioral health ethics and service delivery to provide effective, ethical treatment and group collaboration in a virtual setting.
Please note: Specific programming options may not be available in this state at this time. Please inquire for more details and upcoming program offerings.
Convenient Support for Long-Lasting Recovery
Whether you’re at home, in a dorm room or participating from another private location, you can access specialized, guided eating disorder treatment with just a computer and an internet connection.
- Led by our team of licensed, renowned professionals with extensive training in telebehavioral health ethics and delivery
- Collaborative care teams including a therapist, psychiatrist and dietitian provide virtual online therapy and treatment
- Small group therapy sessions allow patients to connect with peers and practice their skills in a supportive setting
- Family and alumni support offered throughout the program empowers families, friends and support systems to better support their loved ones
- At home medical monitoring kit with ClearStep numberless scales sent directly to you. Your team will send you a scale and blood pressure cuff to use for the duration of your admission for a convenient and effective way to obtain blind weights and vitals
Paying for Telehealth Treatment
We work with insurance providers to secure coverage for virtual services and will not bill patients in the unlikely event that their insurer does not agree to pay for services.
- Aetna: Covering Virtual IOP
- Anthem Colorado / California: Covering Virtual IOP
- Anthem Ohio: Covering Virtual IOP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield CBA South Carolina: Covering Virtual IOP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Texas: Covering Virtual IOP
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Illinois: Covering Virtual IOP
- Beacon: Covering Virtual IOP
- Carefirst Maryland: Covering Virtual IOP
- Cigna: Covering Virtual IOP
- Compsych Texas: Covering Virtual IOP
- Humana: Covering Virtual IOP
- Kaiser California: Covering Virtual IOP
- Kaiser Washington: Covering Virtual IOP
- Magellan: Covering Virtual IOP
- MHN: Covering Virtual IOP
- Moda Washington: Covering Virtual IOP
- Optum: Covering Virtual IOP
- Premera Washington: Covering Virtual IOP
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield Washington: Covering Virtual IOP
- United Healthcare: Covering Virtual IOP
Individual & Group Therapy
- Patients learn emotion-regulation skills and adaptive coping techniques during one weekly individual or family therapy session.
- Patients attend three, 3-hour groups weekly, including a therapy group, nutrition group and meal support group.
- For child and adolescent patients, a parent/guardian is required to be available during the group and individual sessions. A parent/guardian is also required to be present at meal support group to learn how to assist.
Nutrition & Meal Guidance
- Patients receive education and help establishing structure and interrupting disordered behaviors during one weekly session with a registered dietitian.
- Patients use the Recovery Record app to log food and beverage intake as well as track thoughts and mood . Treatment team members bring this information into both group and individual settings to create targeted interventions. For child and adolescent patients, parents use Recovery Record to log their child’s meals, snacks, beverages and observations about their child’s mood states.
We Are Your Partner in Care
Eating Recovery Center has been removing treatment barriers since 2016. As pioneers in telebehavioral health, we were the first in our field to offer virtual care. Today, we are the leading provider of virtual treatment at higher levels of care, offering the most comprehensive virtual programming across 21 states. We have seen over 6,000 virtual patients and counting.
Program & Clinical Leadership
Chief Telehealth Officer Juhie Parnami brings over 25 years of experience in healthcare strategy, operations and product development, with an intense focus on building services to help chronically ill and complex care patients. As Director of Collegiate and Telebehavioral Health Initiatives, Dr. Casey Tallent has pioneered and advocated for telehealth options in behavioral health across the nation: authoring, publishing and presenting on virtual treatment.
The VIOP care team is led by Dr. Deborah Michel, a clinical psychologist who has devoted her 30-year career to the treatment of behavioral health conditions. Dr. Michel has developed numerous clinical programs and is committed to best care practices with evidence-based treatment for patients, families and support systems.
Juhie Parnami Link
Juhie ParnamiChief Telehealth OfficerJuhie joins ERC Pathlight as a seasoned executive with over 25 years in health care strategy, operations, and product ...READ MORE
Casey Tallent, PhD Link
Casey Tallent, PhDDirector of Collegiate and Telebehavioral Health InitiativesCasey N. Tallent, PhD is the Director of Collegiate & Telebehavioral Health Initiatives for ERC and Pathlight Mood and Anxiety ...READ MORE
Deborah M. Michel, PhD, CEDS-S, FAED Link
Deborah M. Michel, PhD, CEDS-S, FAEDNational Clinical Director of Virtual CareDr. Michel is a licensed clinical psychologist with 30 years of experience in the treatment of eating disorders and related ...READ MORE
Kristie Simmons, MS, RD, CEDRD-S Link
Kristie Simmons, MS, RD, CEDRD-SNutrition Director of Virtual ServicesKristie Simmons is the Nutrition Director of Virtual Services at Eating Recovery Center. She started her career with ERC in ...READ MORE
Llyndsey Gregory, LCSW Link
Llyndsey Gregory, LCSWClinical Director of Virtual Adult ServicesLlyndsey is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has been with Eating Recovery Center since 2010. In her decade long tenure ...READ MORE
Kaila Peak-Rishel, LCSW, LMFT, CEDS-S Link
Kaila Peak-Rishel, LCSW, LMFT, CEDS-SClinical Director of Virtual Child and Adolescents ServicesKaila Peak-Rishel is a licensed clinical social worker, licensed marriage and family therapist, and a Certified Eating Disorder ...READ MORE