Greater Houston NAMI Walk
May 30, 2020 |
very step is in the right direction, especially when we all join forces to raise money and awareness for mental illness. Our friends at NAMI are holding a virtual NAMIWalk Your Way this year.
Please participate with us on May 30
, or support NAMI by making a donation. Donations on this site are fast, secure and easy.
NAMIWalks will be a virtual experience and joined by NAMIWalks across the country. NAMIWalks Your Way means what it sounds like: participants get to make this experience their own. You can walk a 5K—through your neighborhood, around your backyard, on your treadmill. Or you can do something else meaningful and fun to celebrate our virtual walk day.
What participants are doing:
- Walking 3,500 steps for a 5K their way
- Planning a craft day with their kids
- Holding a virtual bake-off with their team
- Practicing self-care with a favorite hobby: yoga, gardening, knitting
- Doing a 5K on the treadmill or stationary bike
- Hosting a virtual paint and sip party
*For those currently in treatment, all activity should be cleared with and follow any treatment team's exercise and movement plans prior to participating.
Take photos and videos and share your activity on a favorite social media with the link to your walk fundraising page and the hashtag #NotAlone and #MentalHealthForAll.
Together we can make this a day to remember!