We Help You Take Recovery Home
We’re all in this together. Since 2016, our expert clinical team has been bringing you virtual care with the same proven outcomes as our renowned in-person eating disorder treatment programs. Eating Recovery At Home is an online group therapy-based program incorporating individual therapy, family therapy and nutrition counseling — helping you take recovery home.
Start healing from the comfort of home with:
- Individual & Group Therapy
- Nutrition & Meal Guidance
- Family Therapy & Education
- Alumni Support, Groups & Events
Coverage provided by most major insurers.
We’re Honored to Be Recognized for Our Virtual Care
Industry experts independently researched, tested and reviewed 55 companies (surveying 105 users from each) to develop the Health.com list of Best Online Therapy Services of 2022. They selected Eating Recovery At Home as the Best Service for Eating Disorders because of our “comprehensive virtual care” that enables patients to receive an intensive level of care while staying at home.
The publication also highlighted our program’s:
- Multidisciplinary clinical team including therapists and registered dietitian
- High user satisfaction
- In-network policy with most major health insurance plans
"Eating Recovery At Home isn’t a therapy service like the other ones on this list…it’s a virtual intensive outpatient program (IOP) that provides the high level of care often needed to address eating disorders online…patients can stay in school and/or work and access care even if they live far from an eating disorder treatment center."
Virtual Treatment for Eating Disorders
Our Eating Recovery At Home programs provide treatment for a variety of eating disorders through specialized, individualized programming.
What to Expect with Eating Recovery At Home
- Three, 3-hour weekly group sessions, including:
- Evidence-based skills focused groups
- Process-oriented group therapy
- Nutrition groups: include mealtime support, cooking classes and group meals to provide structure and accountability
- One weekly individual or family therapy session
- One weekly session with a registered dietitian
- Recovery Record mobile app tracks food intake, thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- Remote patient monitoring with numberless scale
- Weekly peer, alumni and caregiver support groups
Recovery From the Comfort and Convenience of Home
It’s never been so easy to connect with your care team online. When you join Eating Recovery At Home, you’ll meet with licensed clinicians and group members in several groups each week.
- Create lasting connections with the support of a healing community that truly understands what you’re going through in our specially planned, cohesive groups.
- Take part in virtual meals with your group as registered dietitians provide nutrition and wellness support.
- Make use of the Recovery Record app to track your meals and moods — a convenient, easy way to monitor your well-being.
- Build resilience and coping skills as you work with licensed therapists to navigate life’s many stressors and challenges.
- Take part in expert eating disorder treatment including tailored programming to address binge eating and related eating disorders.
Experience the Healing Power of Community
For a virtual eating disorder treatment program to be effective, connection with other group members is critical. Other online eating disorder programs have patients casually drop into groups as they please. Not us. With Eating Recovery At Home, you’ll join a virtual community of six to eight people, and you’ll meet with these same individuals weekly. A hallmark of our program, our specially planned, cohesive groups are associated with:
- Better outcomes
- Higher levels of engagement
- A stronger sense of connection
Find support in your uniqueness and share experiences with others as you move toward healing in a safe space, facilitated by our highly experienced, licensed clinicians.
Who is Eligible for Eating Recovery At Home?
With specialized programming for children, adolescents and adults, anyone over the age of 12 is welcome in Eating Recovery At Home. Whether you are stepping down from a higher level of care or need more support than outpatient visits provide, you’ll fine-tune the skills and tools you need to make progress in recovery.
Support for Families and Caregivers
We know that eating disorders impact entire families. Whether participants are children, adolescents or adults, we offer extensive support, education and resources to all family members and caregivers.
- Caregivers of minors are present for all meals, entering and tracking them into the helpful Recovery Record app.
- Feel empowered with Family Based Treatment-informed care, shown to be the most effective intervention to help young people recover from eating disorders.
- Emotion-Focused Family Therapy deepens healing and processing for all family members.
- Families and caregivers are welcome to join us weekly in our complimentary:
- Skills Groups
- Educational Groups
- Support Groups
- Nutrition Groups
Making Alumni Support and Aftercare a Priority
We recognize that the path to recovery is not linear. Which is why we offer the most extensive programs and resources available to our alumni, community members and families. Continue to build tools for long-lasting recovery with:
- Ongoing support and regular check-ins with your Community Outreach Liaison
- Extended opportunities for healing in our free, weekly virtual support groups
- Empowerment and connection at local community events
- Education through social media, blogs and articles
- Stories of recovery from the Mental Note Podcast
- Say it Brave community stories, webinars and events
Designed for Busy Students, Parents and Professionals
Eating Recovery At Home is designed for all people. You’ll have access to experienced clinicians who specialize in working with college students, new moms and dads, busy professionals and more. From the comfort and convenience of your home, apartment or dorm room, our compassionate team members will provide you with the extra support you need to set you up for success.
A Program Created with College Students in Mind
College students now have a safe space to talk openly about anxieties, worries and mental health concerns. But this isn’t just a place to talk — it’s a space to heal. We’ve seen countless college students benefit from the strong, compassionate support of their peers in our programs. Whether you struggle more during times of stress (exam weeks) or times of rest (summer vacation, spring break), Eating Recovery At Home is here to provide you with the in-depth, comprehensive support that you need. And the support doesn’t end once you leave the program. We invite you to stay connected and involved with our numerous alumni support offerings and events.
Covered by Most Commercial Insurance Plans
Our patient access team is here to advocate for you. We can help you address financial challenges and work with you to get you the maximum coverage offered by your plan.
How Can a Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program Help Me?
Recovery is a healing journey with ups and downs, which is why an Intensive Outpatient Program like Eating Recovery At Home is critical on the road to recovery. From the comfort of home, you’ll embark on an evidence-based program to interrupt eating disorder behaviors and create a foundation where you can build your life in recovery. Eating Recovery At Home is ideal for you if you have:
- Completed a residential or partial hospitalization program and are looking to step down to a lower level of care.
- Need more support than outpatient therapy can provide.
Additionally, our specialized, evidence-based curriculum for binge eating addresses emotions, thoughts and behaviors related to binge eating and body image through trauma-informed, weight-inclusive care.
Eating Recovery At Home is Part of the Bridge to Recovery
Recovery is most successful when patients receive the support they need throughout their journey. For most patients this means progressing from higher to lower levels of care throughout their time in treatment. Eating Recovery At Home provides a critical step in this process by providing a bridge that allows patients to take their recovery home as they transition from higher to lower levels of care, while retaining the support they need to maintain their progress.
Our Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) offers some of the same intensity and structure of Residential mood, anxiety, and eating disorder treatment while providing additional opportunities to practice recovery outside of the controlled eating disorder treatment environment during evenings at home or in peer-supported apartment communities.
ERC is removing the barriers that can keep patients with anorexia, bulimia, and other eating disorders from receiving treatment. Through telebehavioral health programming, Eating Recovery At Home (our virtual Intensive Outpatient Program) offers the same proven care as our in-person treatment centers.
How Does this Program Differ from an In-Person IOP?
Providing the nutrition and meal guidance that you need for everyday life, Eating Recovery At Home offers you the same clinical expertise and evidence-based curriculum that our in-person Intensive Outpatient Programs use — care that tens of thousands of patients, families, and their doctors have come to know and trust. Eating Recovery At Home is modeled after our in-person program, but with added features, convenience and flexibility.
Nutrition & Meal Guidance
- Meet one-on-one with a registered dietitian weekly to establish structure around meals and interrupt eating disorder behaviors.
- Use the Recovery Record app to log food and beverage intake and track thoughts and mood.
- For caregivers of child and adolescent patients, you’ll use Recovery Record to log your child’s meals, snacks, beverages and mood states as you learn how to assist with meals.
Individual & Group Therapy
- Learn emotion-regulation skills and adaptive coping techniques in weekly individual or family therapy sessions
- Attend three 3-hour groups weekly, including a therapy group, nutrition group and meal support group.
- For child and adolescent patients, a parent/guardian is required to be available during the group and individual sessions.
Online Eating Disorder Therapy Programs
Eating Recovery At Home provides expanded access to care for children, adolescents and adults. Click the map below to learn more about specific programming options available in your state.
|On-site and Virtual Eating Disorder Treatment Programs for Children, Adults and Adolescents|
|Virtual Intensive Outpatient Eating Disorder Treatment Programs for Children, Adolescents and Adults|
Is Eating Recovery At Home Right for You?
Eating Recovery At Home is a great match for you if you are:
- Hoping to remain enrolled in classes as a student
- Dealing with significant responsibilities as a parent or caregiver
- Unable to take time off work for treatment
- Unable to travel or have time constraints/other obstacles
- Looking for more support to help you achieve your goals
- Struggling to make progress with outpatient providers
- Feeling isolated in eating disorder recovery
- Located far from in-person eating disorder treatment programs
Our trauma-informed program provides the convenience and flexibility to meet you where you are.
How Does Virtual Eating Disorder Treatment Work?
Communication is a cornerstone of patient safety and quality care. This is why Eating Recovery At Home runs on best-in-class desktop and mobile platforms. These apps provide chat functionality and a communications hub to increase connection as you develop real life skills in an everyday setting. Through the app, you’ll be able to:
- Fill out registration paperwork
- Complete orientation
- Track attendance
- Communicate with your treatment team
- View appointment reminders and invitations
- Attend sessions and groups
Above all, we want you to know that your privacy and confidentiality will always be protected. Your safety is our greatest concern. Any information you share with us is protected by law through The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
At Home Medical Monitoring
We provide a convenient and effective way to obtain important vital signs while you are in our program. A numberless scale will be sent directly to you for blind weigh-ins. You will also receive a blood pressure cuff. Have questions? When you admit to the program, we will walk you through these processes step-by-step.
The Recovery Record App
The Recovery Record app provides multiple benefits for you while in our program.
- Track and record your food and beverage intake, thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- Connect to your care team
- Receive daily custom coping skills and recommendations
Adult patients update the app daily. Caregivers update the app for participants under 18.
We recognize accessibility concerns and want to make our programs as convenient and accessible as possible. If you need help accessing the Internet or a computer, we will do everything we can to help you find the resources you need. If you are struggling financially, ask us about local and federal assistance options. No question is off limits. We are here to help.
How to Get Started with Eating Recovery At Home
Ready to start your journey to recovery? The first step to take is to give us a call or fill out our online form so we can set up a complimentary 15-minute intake call.
Call today to speak with our admissions team: 877-825-8584
Call for More Information
Call today to learn more about Eating Recovery At Home:
- Covered by most commercial insurances
- Small cohesive groups
- Extensive family support & education
- Robust alumni network
- Programs for children, teens and adults
Clinical Expertise in Telebehavioral Health
Leading with Positive Outcomes
We know that our program works—and our published peer-reviewed research studies prove it. With low therapist-to-patient ratios and highly experienced clinicians, Eating Recovery At Home provides specialized, evidence-based interventions to help you find your way to recovery. It’s the same high quality, effective care that you would receive in person.
Leading with Continued Research
As leaders in the field of eating disorder treatment, we were the first virtual IOP provider with published results showing virtual IOP is clinically effective in all outcomes measured, including eating disorder symptoms, depression, self-esteem, quality of life, and overall satisfaction. Going forward, we will continue to collect survey data and publish our findings. The data we collect will continue to inform how our program evolves.
Leading with Experience
Our clinical leaders are experts in the field and have authored numerous articles, publications and presentations nationwide. Our team of master’s-level, licensed therapists and registered dietitians all have extensive training in telehealth ethics and clinical care delivery. Board-certified physicians on staff are here to address medical issues when they occur.
Meet Our Virtual Clinician Team
RD, LD, Clinical Dietitian II
LCSW, Primary Therapist III
LPC, Clinical Manager
RDN, LDN, Clinical Dietitian II
LCSW, LMFTc, CEDS-S, Clinical Director
LPC, Primary Therapist II
LCSW, Clinical Director
LCSW, Clinical Manager
MS, RD, CEDRD, Nutrition Manager
LPC, Primary Therapist III
LPC, Clinical Manager
LCSW, RD, LD, CEDS-S, C
Meet Our Virtual Leadership Team
Casey Tallent, PhD Link
Casey Tallent, PhDDirector of Collegiate and Telebehavioral Health InitiativesCasey N. Tallent, PhD is the Director of Collegiate & Telebehavioral Health Initiatives for ERC and Pathlight Mood and Anxiety ...READ MORE
Deborah M. Michel, PhD, CEDS-S, FAED Link
Deborah M. Michel, PhD, CEDS-S, FAEDNational Clinical Director of Virtual CareDr. Michel is a licensed clinical psychologist with 30 years of experience in the treatment of eating disorders and related ...READ MORE
Kristie Simmons, MS, RD, CEDRD-S Link
Kristie Simmons, MS, RD, CEDRD-SNutrition Director of Virtual ServicesKristie Simmons is the Nutrition Director of Virtual Services at Eating Recovery Center. She started her career with ERC in ...READ MORE
Llyndsey Gregory, LCSW Link
Llyndsey Gregory, LCSWClinical Director of Virtual Adult ServicesLlyndsey is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has been with Eating Recovery Center since 2010. In her decade long tenure ...READ MORE
Kaila Peak-Rishel, LCSW, LMFT, CEDS-S Link
Kaila Peak-Rishel, LCSW, LMFT, CEDS-SClinical Director of At Home Programming for Child and Adolescents & BEDs At Home ProgrammingKaila Peak-Rishel is a licensed clinical social worker, licensed marriage and family therapist, and a Certified Eating Disorder ...READ MORE
We all want to feel like we belong. Eating Recovery At Home is the support you’ve been looking for — a healing community that comes right to you and fits into your everyday life. Providing inclusive care for children, adolescents and adults of all genders and backgrounds, we proudly welcome people of all:
- Sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions
- Body types, shapes and sizes
- Mental and physical abilities and characteristics
- Races, ethnicities and religions
Our providers are trained in cultural competence, with sensitive care given to topics related to diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Support for All Types of Abilities
We proudly support and can accommodate children, adolescents and adults with a wide range of abilities. If you need access to assistive technology or devices, or if you are unsure if our program is right for you, please call us.
Support for Those with Language Needs
You have a right to receive information in a manner that you understand. We can make modifications, including the use of translators and interpreters, to increase access to our program. If you have an identified need, please let us know, so we can best help you.
Support for Mood And Anxiety Issues
We recognize that many individuals with eating disorders also struggle with depression, anxiety and trauma-related symptoms. If mood and anxiety issues are more of a concern right now, we recommend that you check out Pathlight At Home.
Support for All Genders
We believe that gender-affirming healthcare and mental health services are life-saving. We welcome patients of all genders. Starting with our first conversation, we will ask you your name and pronouns. Our goal is to help you feel comfortable bringing your whole self to the program.
How to Refer a Patient: For Providers
When choosing an online eating disorder treatment program for your patient, not all programs are the same. We encourage you to consider several important factors when identifying an effective program that will deliver optimal outcomes.
- Is the program facilitated by trained, licensed, experienced, specialized clinicians?
- Does the virtual program provide the same robust curriculum as the in-person program?
- How long has the organization provided virtual services and are all staff trained in providing telebehavioral health?
- Does the treatment team remain consistent throughout the program?
- Have they published data outcomes or other sources to validate their results?
- Does the program accept most major insurances?
With wide geographic access, clinical effectiveness, and high levels of patient satisfaction, the Eating Recovery At Home curriculum is designed by industry experts to ensure that the well-being of your patient is top of mind at all times. Your patients can also feel confident in knowing that they will be able to afford the treatment they need — the program is covered by most commercial insurance plans.
Hide Last Child Layout Div
ERC Scroll-Top-Padding with Subnav