Virtual Eating, Mood and Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center are actively rolling out Virtual IOP to patients enrolled in our IOP level of care, inclusive of Eating Disorder, Mood & Anxiety and Binge Eating Disorder programs in all locations*. We will also be enrolling all NEW patients seeking IOP care into Virtual IOP. Read more about how we are continuing to support our patients, families and community on our COVID-19 resource pages.
*Subject to applicable state and insurance licensure guidelines
Now Admitting Patients for Virtual IOP and Virtual PHP
Whether you are seeking care on site or from home, we are committed to providing the care you or your loved one needs. As the nation’s foremost health care system dedicated to the treatment of eating disorders and mood and anxiety disorders for children, teens and adults, and long-standing leaders in telebehavioral health, we have multiple treatment options to meet you exactly where you are.
For all admissions, call 1-866-414-3853 now to schedule a free, confidential assessment.
Meeting Patients Where They Are and Guiding Them to Recovery
Eating Recovery Center is removing the barriers that can keep patients with anorexia, bulimia and other eating disorders from receiving treatment. Through telebehavioral health programming, our Virtual Intensive Outpatient Program (Virtual IOP) now offers the same world-class care—and outcomes—as our in-person treatment centers of excellence, for patients who:
- Live in locations with limited access to treatment
- Have time constraints due to work, school or family obligations
- Are reluctant to receive treatment in-person
With Virtual Care, Our Treatment Comes to You
Our Virtual Programs offer the same world-class care for children, teens and adults as we deliver on-site at our centers of excellence.
Virtual PHP and Virtual IOP is now widely available in the U.S. in response to COVID-19. We have dedicated more than 200 of our experienced clinicians to our virtual care team after immersing them in additional training in telebehavioral health delivery. Offering low therapist-to-patient ratios, our virtual programs provide clinically rigorous and time-tested best practices in delivering virtual treatment designed to help patients make significant progress from the safety and convenience of their homes.
Residents of 35 states are now being directly admitted into Virtual IOP, covering more than three quarters of US commercially covered lives, and growing daily.
Medically and clinically-approved new and existing patients are now being scheduled into our Virtual PHP programming. Please call our intake team at 1-866-414-3853 to consult with one of our caring, experienced master’s-level clinicians for eligibility and to schedule an assessment. Virtual PHP will not be appropriate for all patients who need PHP level of care. Some patients may begin PHP treatment on site to achieve optimal clinical and medical outcomes. Please click here to see the measures we are taking to provide the best possible safety for our on-site patients and teammates.
Flexible, Individualized Treatment to Meet Patient Needs
With just a computer and internet connection, patients can participate in a comprehensive, guided eating disorder treatment program from their home, office, college dorm or other private place, no matter where they are in life or in their journey to recovery.
- Led by our team of licensed, renowned professionals with extensive training in telebehavioral health ethics and delivery
- Collaborative care teams – therapist, psychiatrist and dietitian provide virtual online therapy and treatment
- Small group sessions that allow patients to connect with peers and practice their skills in a supportive setting
- Joint Commissioned Accredited Programs
- Secure, encrypted software ensures therapy sessions are confidential and HIPAA compliant
- Program offered in evening hours to accommodate busy schedules
Structured For Convenience
Three, 3-hour groups weekly including:
- Therapy groups
- Nutrition groups (Eating Disorders Programs)
- Meal support
One weekly individual/family therapy session. Weekly sessions with a registered dietitian. Recovery Record mobile app, with a mood and food tracking log that keeps the treatment team connected to patients.
Program results in exceptional patient satisfaction.
- 100% felt connected to facilitators and group members
- 97% feel treatment has increased their chances of improving their health
- 98% agreed they were able to utilize videoconferencing technology effectively
- 98% agreed that staff created a recovery focused environment
Proven Outcomes: Care Without Compromise
Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center is the nation’s foremost health care system dedicated to the treatment of eating, mood and anxiety disorders. Patients in our Virtual IOP receive the same evidence-based treatment and proven protocols we deliver through our on-site eating disorder treatment programs.
Virtual Care Can Be the Healing Path for Patients Who:
- Have limited access to treatment, time constraints or other obstacles that have kept them from getting care
- Have been diagnosed with (or meet criterion for) Bulimia Nervosa, Anorexia Nervosa, Binge Eating Disorder, Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder or Other Specified Feeding or Eating Disorder) and are medically stable
- Are engaging in eating disordered behaviors three days per week or more
- Do not have access to recommended/specialized care (e.g., would benefit from more appointments; are unable to travel to/from treatment facility; do not have access to Eating Disorder Specialists or a recovery-based community)
- Would appreciate and benefit from more structure/support to progress with individualized treatment goals (e.g., interrupt behaviors and/or weight restore)
- Have struggled to progress in outpatient treatment or accept a recommendation for a higher level of care
- Have additional concerns (e.g., anxiety, depression, addictions)
- Are struggling to function well due to concerns related to eating or body image
- Feel isolated or are without supportive others who "get it"
Virtual Intensive Outpatient Availability and In-Network Insurers
Because more people are seeing virtual care during COVID-19, we are able to offer virtual IOP and PHP for both eating disorders and mood and anxiety disorders in more than 35 states. For the most up-to-date list, please see our virtual care resources.
Compassionate care is within reach. If you live in California, Ohio or Texas, call us to consult with a Masters-level clinician at 1-866-414-3853.