Eating Recovery at Home: Trusted Treatment That Comes to You
For anyone who needs additional outpatient support, a more flexible and convenient treatment option, is reluctant to receive treatment in person or is ready to step down from PHP treatment, Eating Recovery Center offers comprehensive Virtual Intensive Outpatient Programs (Virtual IOP) in more than 21 states.
Our Virtual IOP offers the same trusted level of care available at our in-person centers of excellence. With low therapist-to-patient ratios, our virtual programs provide clinically rigorous and evidence-based practices to deliver virtual treatment designed to facilitate recovery from the comfort of home.
Our licensed, multidisciplinary team members use a proven, evidence-based curriculum to treat eating disorders in children, teens and adults. They also have extensive training in telebehavioral health ethics and service delivery to provide effective, ethical treatment and group collaboration in a virtual setting.
Our Virtual Treatment: As Effective as Face-to-Face
As with in-person treatment, our Virtual IOP patients work with specialized experts and renowned clinicians in the field of eating disorders, seeing the same treatment team throughout their program. We know our treatment works—and we’ve published peer-reviewed research that proves it.
Positive Self-Reported Outcomes*
- 100% felt connected to facilitators and group members
- 97% feel treatment has increased their chances of improving their health
- 98% agreed that staff created a recovery focused environment
*2017-2018 Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Behavioral Health Centers Virtual Intensive Outpatient Research Outcomes Study.
"Virtual Care provides the same high-quality, evidence-based treatment designed to help patients make significant therapeutic progress not possible in outpatient treatment services from the safety and convenience of their home."
With Virtual Care, Our Treatment Comes to You
Eating Recovery Center has been removing treatment barriers since 2016. As pioneers in telebehavioral health, we were the first in our field to offer virtual care. Today, we are the leading provider of virtual treatment at the intensive outpatient level of care, offering the most comprehensive virtual programming across 21 states. We’ve seen over 6,000 virtual patients and counting.
Three Virtual Eating Disorder IOPs Available
We Are Your Partner in Care
Eating Recovery Center has been removing treatment barriers since 2016. As pioneers in telebehavioral health, we were the first in our field to offer virtual care. Today, we are the leading provider of virtual treatment at higher levels of care, offering the most comprehensive virtual programming across 21 states. We have seen over 6,000 virtual patients and counting.
Virtual Care Can Be the Path for Patients Who:
- Have limited access to treatment, time constraints or other obstacles that may prevent them from getting care
- Are students who cannot put their life on hold to begin treatment
- Do not have access to recommended/specialized care (e.g., would benefit from more appointments; are unable to travel to/from treatment facility; do not have access to eating disorder specialists or a recovery-based community)
- Would appreciate and benefit from more structure and support to progress with individualized treatment goals (e.g., interrupt eating disorder behaviors and/or weight restore)
- Struggle to progress in outpatient treatment or accept a recommendation for a higher level of care
- Struggle to function in daily life due to concerns related to eating, weight or body image
- Feel isolated and/or are without supportive others who understand the complex nature of eating disorders
Virtual Intensive Outpatient Availability and In-Network Insurers
We offer Virtual IOP for eating disorders in more than 21 states, with programming covered by most major insurers.