Eating Recovery Center Alumni Program
“The great thing in the world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving.”
– Oliver Wendell Holmes
The hardest work of recovery often occurs following discharge from the structured treatment environment. Eating Recovery Center’s alumni programming offers events and resources to provide ongoing support to alumni throughout the various stages of their recovery.
Support from an Alumni Coordinator
Eating Recovery Center’s Alumni Coordinators are Masters-level therapists who dedicate their time solely to supporting alumni in sustaining recovery. Alumni Coordinators provide support and encouragement to alumni through follow up calls, events and the Alumni Task Force Committee. See the list below to find the Alumni Coordinator for your program.
Adult Alumni Task Force Committee
Eating Recovery Center’s Adult Alumni Task Force Committee provides alumni an opportunity to participate in the ongoing development of programming designed to support fellow alumni after discharge and throughout recovery.
Why is the Alumni Task Force Committee valuable to your recovery?
- Provides an opportunity to give feedback. We value our committee members’ candid input to improve the Alumni Program and better meet the needs of alumni, family members and patients.
- Encourages you to share your voice. We feel that it is important to provide alumni opportunities to find and use their voice. The Alumni Task Force Committee provides a safe, structured environment for this.
- Help create positive change. Committee members’ ideas, feedback, planning and participation support our constant efforts to provide the best support possible for patients, alumni and family members.
To join the Adult Alumni Task Force Committee, please email us.
Visit the store to purchase Eating Recovery Center yoga mats, water bottles, tote bags, journals and t-shirts.
Bi-Monthly Alumni eNewsletter “Lasting Recovery”
Our bi-monthly eNewsletter, “Lasting Recovery” is distributed to adult alumni of the Eating Recovery Center family of programs. The eNewsletter features educational articles, interviews, information on upcoming alumni events and access to relevant resources. To receive the alumni eNewlsetter, email us so we can add your email address to the distribution list.
Adult Alumni Committee
- Pam Cleland, MS, LPC – Alumni Coordinator, Eating Recovery Center of Colorado
- Shannon Braasch, MA – Alumni Coordinator, Eating Recovery Center of California and Washington
- Alia Green, MA, NCC – Alumni Coordinator, Insight Behavioral Health Centers and Eating Recovery Center of Ohio
- Ellie Herman, MA, LPC, NCC – Alumni Coordinator, Eating Recovery Center of San Antonio, Dallas, Houston and Austin
- Sarah Gilstrap – Professional and Consumer Resources Director
- Heidi Farmer – Professional and Consumer Resources Coordinator
- Bonnie Brennan, MA, LPC, CEDS – Clinical Director of Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
- Cindy Pikus, PhD – Clinical Director of Adult IP/RES Services
Alumni News & Announcements
“Everything I Need to Know I Learned In Treatment” – Emily’s Recovery Story
September 7, 2015
Eating Recovery Center alumna, Emily S., recently shared her reflections on treatment and the recovery journey on her blog: What seems like a very long time ago, I went to treatment because I was mad (my favorite British term for what Americans might call off yer’ rocker). After four years of working my way through a successful and…Read more
Update from the Kansas City NEDA Walk, Held on June 13th
September 6, 2015
Eating Recovery Center participated in the Kansas City NEDA Walk on Saturday, June 13, 2015! The rain didn’t stop the more than 300 participants who gathered together at the Berkley Riverfront Park for this annual event, and celebrated the $28,771 raised for the National Eating Disorder Association. Eating Recovery Center’s “Team Lasting Recovery” team members…Read more
Alumni: Check Out the Agenda for our Upcoming Alumni Retreat on July 10th and 11th
September 5, 2015
Eating Recovery Center’s 5th Annual Alumni Retreat is coming up Friday, July 10th and Saturday July 11th at Hudson Gardens in Littleton, CO. All Adult alumni of Eating Recovery Center and Partner Programs are welcome to attend. Read the full agenda below and register today. Friday, July 10th 7:45-8:15am: Shuttle from Hampton Inn & Suites…Read more