What Are the Symptoms and Signs of Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder (BED) is characterized by frequent overeating (bingeing) – at least once a week over a period of three months. These binge episodes are also combined with feeling a lack of control, intense feelings of distress and three or more of the following behaviors.
Symptoms and Signs of Binge Eating Disorder
- Eating more rapidly than normal
- Eating until feeling uncomfortably full
- Eating large amounts of food even when not feeling physically hungry
- Eating alone because of feelings of embarrassment stemming from how much one eats
- Feeling disgusted with oneself, depressed or guilty after eating
There is hope for binge eating disorder
Do you think you or someone you know is suffering from binge eating disorder? Take our short binge eating disorder quiz to find out. And, if you do see signs of binge eating disorder, we can help.
At Eating Recovery Center, the Binge Eating Treatment and Recovery Program offers specialized treatment to help you heal from emotional distress and stop the cycle of bingeing. For a complimentary, confidential consultation, our Masters-level clinicians are available to discuss your treatment options at 877-825-8584.