Binge eating disorder (BED) is characterized by frequent overeating (bingeing) – at least once a week for three months – combined with a lack of control, intense feelings of distress and three or more of the following behaviors:
- Eating more rapidly than normal
- Eating until feeling uncomfortably full
- Eating large amounts of food even when not feeling physically hungry
- Eating alone because of feelings of embarrassed stemming from how much one eats
- Feeling disgusted with oneself, depressed or guilty after eating
Do you think you or someone you know is suffering from this eating disorder? Take our short binge eating disorder quiz.
There’s hope for your Binge Eating Disorder symptoms and signs
If you are experiencing these binge eating disorder symptoms and signs, Eating Recovery Center offers specialized treatment that can help stop the cycle of bingeing. Masters-level clinicians are available to discuss your treatment options at 877-825-8584.
Learn more about our Binge Eating and Treatment Recovery Program.
Learn more about the
Binge Eating Treatment & Recovery Program