Signs & Symptoms of Compulsive Overeating
The symptoms and signs of compulsive overeating are varied and diverse. People with compulsive overeating behaviors may regularly experience one or more behaviors that may be a sign of compulsive overeating.
Symptoms & Signs of Compulsive Overeating
- Eating what most people would think is an unusually large amount of food
- Eating much more quickly than usual, or eating slowly and consistently throughout the day and/or night
- Eating past satiety or until feeling uncomfortably full
- Eating despite feeling full or not feeling hungry at all
- Eating alone due to shame or embarrassment about the quantity of food consumed
- Feeling disgusted, depressed or guilty after overeating
- Night eating
- Impulsive eating
- Compulsive food behaviors like hiding food and eating food out of the garbage
Questions about compulsive overeating?
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms listed above, we can help. You can call us today to speak with one of our Masters-level clinicians confidentially and at no cost. We would be happy to explore compulsive overeating treatment options and insurance coverage with you. Please call us at 877-825-8584.