Motivational Interviewing (and by extension Motivational Enhancement Therapy) is an effective technique for creating and fanning the flames of change beginning with our more resistant patients. It is a useful and necessary skill to help our patients determine their personal goals for change that reduces caregiver burnout.
Following this presentation, participants will be able to -
- Explain Motivational Interviewing (MI) and how to use it
- Identify the Stages of Change and learn how they’re utilized in MI
- Summarize and describe MI techniques
If you have questions about this event, or need more information, please reach out to Courtney Dregalla at [email protected]
Available Continuing Education Credit
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR credentialed practitioners will receive 1.5 continuing professional education units (CPEU) for completion of this activity.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6815 Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Eating Recovery Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Eating Recovery Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center has received Approved CEC Provider Status by NASW Colorado for Unlimited educational programs.
All Eating Recovery Center, LLC sponsored educational activities are presented in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Wendy Foulds Mathes at [email protected].