Eating Recovery Center Bethesda
Eating Recovery Center Bethesda
Located in Bethesda, Maryland, ERC Bethesda serves medically stable children, adolescents and adults with eating disorders.
Our eating disorders program provides evidence-based treatment for all types of eating disorders, including ARFID and Binge Eating Disorder. Our PHP program enables patients to eat three meals every day with their treatment team and offers ample opportunities to practice new skills in a safe, healing environment. Additionally, we work with our Baltimore-based ERC centers to provide a comprehensive continuum of care that helps patients easily transition based on needs.
We also offer a three-day-a-week Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) led by a multidisciplinary treatment team of compassionate professionals with an emphasis on cognitive behavior therapy (CBT and CBT-E), family-based therapy (FBT), Emotionally Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), and exposure therapy. Specialized care and treatment for elite athletes, males and individuals with dual diagnosis is available.
With convenient access to nearby communities, attractions, entertainment, business and healthcare – and less than a 30-minute drive from Washington, D.C. – our center supports a social and therapeutic environment to help light the way for patients to find lasting wellness.
Life at Eating Recovery Center Bethesda
Patients and families at ERC Bethesda will work closely with a compassionate team of providers including board certified physicians/psychiatrists, registered nurses, licensed therapists, registered dietitians and additional experts in eating disorders.
Individualized eating disorder treatment plans, evidence-based interventions, medical support, family involvement and discharge planning are fundamental to the ERC treatment approach – all of which help patients and families experience the freedom of healing and recovery.
- Eating Recovery Center Bethesda is a welcoming, affirming center and we serve patients of all gender identities.
- A multidisciplinary eating disorder treatment team of professionals oversees all levels of care, including Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient.
- Every individual at all levels of care has access to Psychiatry Consultation and Medical Management, Individual Therapy, Group Therapies, Family Therapy and Nutritional Counseling. Specific types of treatment are determined by individual needs and the treatment planning process.
- Collaboration with family, friends and loved ones is emphasized for all patients. In addition to family therapy, we offer a Virtual Family & Friends Series for adults, children and adolescents: providing families and support systems with education and skills development.
- All Maryland teammates work closely with Denver-based Eating Recovery Center, an international center, to provide a seamless transition to a higher level of care (Inpatient and Residential programs) if needed.
- A clinician-led team provides ongoing support for patients who have transitioned to outpatient care through alumni events, free support groups, social recovery communities and resources for patients and caregivers.
Eating Disorders Programs
- ERC Bethesda treats adolescents (ages 12-17) with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, ARFID and other unspecified eating disorders and general body image disturbances.
- Two levels of care are available locally to support everyone at their individual stage of recovery, and whatever their individual treatment needs may be.
- Frequent communication and coordination with local outpatient community providers as well as our colleagues in ERC Inpatient and Residential programs across the country – including ERC Baltimore – ensures continuity of care and positive outcomes.
For our out-of-town patients and families, we offer free Travel Concierge Services. Our Eating Recovery Center Concierge Services Representative is available to assist you with a wide variety of needs before and during treatment, including travel arrangements, booking accommodations and help locating local services, such as shopping, dining and much more.
Family and Alumni Support
Our support for patients and families does not end at the time of discharge—rather, the treatment team carefully develops a personalized discharge plan, and offers several aftercare services and alumni support programs for patients that do not have an established eating disorder treatment team.
Treatment for Children and Adolescents
For all adolescent and children programs, we employ teachers on staff and in the center that will help with tutoring and coordinating with children and adolescent schools so that treatment does not hinder their ability to move forward in education.
Paying for Treatment
Insurances accepted change frequently. If you do not see your insurance carrier here, please ask us. The Eating Recovery Center’s insurance and financial specialists will provide a free benefits check. Our team will work tirelessly on your behalf to make treatment possible.
We comply with ADA standards for service animals. Please speak with our assessment team for further details.
Blue Cross/Blue Shield
Moda Health Plan
Seton Health Plan
United Behavioral Health/Optum
Levels of Care
Daytime, onsite care with evenings offsite or at patient’s home.
Days spent at center and nights at patient’s home.
Explore Our Other Locations
ERC has multiple locations in Maryland to meet your eating disorder treatment needs.
Eating Recovery Center Maryland - Virtual Programs
Eating Recovery Center Baltimore - 55 Schilling
55 Schilling Rd
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Eating Recovery Center Baltimore - 101 Schilling
101 Schilling Rd
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Meet Our Team
Ramona Weatherford, LCSW, CEDS-S Link
Ramona Weatherford, LCSW, CEDS-SRegional Vice PresidentRamona Weatherford holds a master’s Degree in Social Work from Louisiana State University and has over 30 years of clinical ...READ MORE
Harry A. Brandt, MD Link
Harry A. Brandt, MDRegional Medical DirectorDr. Harry Brandt led the eating disorders programs at Mercy Medical Center, St. Joseph Medical Center and Sheppard Pratt ...READ MORE
Lara Kenik MS, RN Link
Lara Kenik MS, RNRegional Nursing DirectorLara Kenik joined Eating Recovery Center/Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center (ERCPL) in August 2016 as a full-time overnight nurse ...READ MORE
Kim Anderson, PhD, CEDS Link
Kim Anderson, PhD, CEDSExecutive DirectorDr. Kim Anderson is the Executive Director at Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center. She currently oversees clinical programming at ...READ MORE
Zach Marselle Link
Zach MarselleDirector of Operational ExcellenceZach joined ERC and Pathlight in 2020, bringing a combined 15 years of experience between healthcare administration and public ...READ MORE
Steven F. Crawford, MD Link
Steven F. Crawford, MDMedical Director, PsychiatristDr. Steven Crawford is the Medical Director at Eating Recovery Center and Assistant Chief of Psychiatry at University of ...READ MORE
Robert Yagoda, LMHC, LPC Link
Robert Yagoda, LMHC, LPCClinical DirectorRobert Yagoda is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor who brings his knowledge and passion of more than 17 years in the field of ...READ MORE
Kathryn Johnson MA, RD/LD, CEDRD-S Link
Kathryn Johnson MA, RD/LD, CEDRD-SNutrition DirectorKathryn Johnson grew up in the Dallas area and earned her degree in food and nutrition from The University of Alabama and her ...READ MORE