Eating Recovery Center Irvine
Eating Recovery Center Irvine
Located in Irvine, California – in Orange County – ERC Irvine serves medically-stable adolescents and adults with eating disorders.
Our eating disorders program provides evidence-based treatment for all types of eating disorders, including ARFID and Binge Eating Disorder. This center is our second in the state and first in Southern California, with a PHP program that provides supportive meals and snacks 7 days a week, with daily opportunities to practice new recovery skills in a safe, healing environment.
We also offer a three-day-a-week Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) that includes one meal per IOP day, process groups, and skill-building groups with an emphasis on Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Radically Open DBT (RO-DBT).
With convenient access to nearby communities, attractions, entertainment, business and healthcare, our center supports a social and therapeutic environment to help light the way for patients to find lasting wellness.
Life at Eating Recovery Center Irvine
Patients and families at ERC Irvine will work closely with a compassionate team of providers including board certified physicians/psychiatrists, registered nurses, licensed therapists, registered dietitians and additional experts in eating disorders.
Individualized eating disorder treatment plans, evidence-based interventions, medical support, family involvement and discharge planning are fundamental to the ERC treatment approach – all of which help patients and families experience the freedom of healing and recovery.
- Eating Recovery Center Irvine is a welcoming, affirming center and we serve patients of all gender expressions, ethnicities, backgrounds and belief systems.
- A multidisciplinary eating disorder treatment team of professionals oversees all levels of care, including Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient.
- Every individual at all levels of care has access to Individual Therapy, Group Therapies, Family Therapy and Nutritional Counseling. Specific types of treatment are determined by individual needs and the treatment planning process.
- Collaboration with family, friends and loved ones is emphasized for all patients. In addition to family therapy, we offer a Virtual Family & Friends Series for adults, children and adolescents: providing families and support systems with education and skills development.
- Our California teammates work closely with Denver-based Eating Recovery Center, an international center, to provide a seamless transition to a higher level of care (Inpatient and Residential programs) if needed.
- A clinician-led team provides ongoing support for patients who have transitioned to outpatient care through alumni events, free support groups, social recovery communities and resources for patients and caregivers.
Eating Disorders Programs
- ERC Irvine treats adolescents (ages 12-17) and adults with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder, ARFID and other unspecified eating disorders and general body image disturbances.
- Two levels of care are available locally to support everyone at their individual stage of recovery, and whatever their individual treatment needs may be.
- Frequent communication and coordination with local outpatient community providers as well as our colleagues in ERC Inpatient and Residential programs across the country ensures continuity of care and positive outcomes.
For our out-of-town patients and families, we offer free Travel Concierge Services. Our Eating Recovery Center Concierge Services Representative is available to assist you with a wide variety of needs before and during treatment, including travel arrangements, booking accommodations and help locating local services, such as shopping, dining and much more.
Family and Alumni Support
Our support for patients and families does not end at the time of discharge—rather, the treatment team carefully develops a personalized discharge plan, and offers several aftercare services and alumni support programs for patients that do not have an established treatment team.
Child and Adolescent Treatment
Eating Recovery Center's specialized programming for children and adolescents of all genders allows even younger patients to receive the eating disorders treatment they need in a comfortable, safe and compassionate environment.
Paying for Treatment
Insurances accepted change frequently. If you do not see your insurance carrier here, please ask us. The Eating Recovery Center’s insurance and financial specialists will provide a free benefits check. Our team will work tirelessly on your behalf to make treatment possible.
Eating Recovery Center of California is a Joint Commission-accredited center for eating disorders treatment in Sacramento. Founded in 2000, Eating Recovery Center of California is a medically-supervised eating disorder treatment program serving female and male adults and adolescents with eating disorders and related conditions including trauma, substance abuse, exercise compulsion, diabetes and medical/psychiatric complications.
Levels of Care
Daytime, onsite care with evenings offsite or at patient’s home.
Days spent at center and nights at patient’s home.
Explore Our Other Locations
ERC has multiple locations in California to meet your eating disorder treatment needs.
Eating Recovery Center Sacramento
3610 American River Dr, Suite 140
Sacramento, CA 95864
Meet Our Team
Elizabeth Wassenaar, MS, MD, CEDS-S Link
Elizabeth Wassenaar, MS, MD, CEDS-SRegional Medical DirectorDr. Elizabeth Wassenaar is the Regional Medical Director for the Mountain and West regions at Eating Recovery Center and ...READ MORE
Amy Richards RN, BSN Link
Amy Richards RN, BSNRegional Nursing DirectorAmy joined Eating Recovery Center / Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center in February 2014 as Illinois opened its first residential ...READ MORE
Alyssa Aakre Link
Alyssa AakreDirector of Operational ExcellenceAlyssa Aakre is Director of Operational Excellence at ERC and Pathlight. Alyssa has been with Eating Recovery Center and ...READ MORE
Robert McFerren, LICSW Link
Robert McFerren, LICSWExecutive DirectorRobert McFerren graduated with a Bachelor of Social Work and Master of Science in Social Work from The University of Texas at ...READ MORE
Laura Sabin Cabanillas, MA, LPCC, CEDS Link
Laura Sabin Cabanillas, MA, LPCC, CEDSClinical DirectorLaura Sabin Cabanillas is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor in CA and a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in WA, as well ...READ MORE
Jessica Barth Nesbitt, MA, RD, LD, CEDRD Link
Jessica Barth Nesbitt, MA, RD, LD, CEDRDNutrition DirectorJessica is a Certified Eating Disorders Registered Dietitian (CEDRD). Jessica has experience in working with individuals with ...READ MORE